Post-pandemic, you’re cleaning more than ever, exposing yourself, your staff, guests, and your community to more chemicals than ever before. With heightened cleaning regimes in place, you likely will be disinfecting high-touch areas numerous times per day – some even in between each person.
Most industrial sanitation, hygiene, and surface/floor cleaning products are 70% ethanol. With a flash rate of 3-5-minutes, ethanol proves ineffective in disinfecting and sanitizing after 5-minutes
maximum. And, when exposed to sunlight evaporate in 30-seconds.
Most operators are cleaning every 30-minutes, which is a higher cleaning frequency than pre-pandemic. Using ethanol means that you’d need to clean every 5-minutes. That’s a lot of toxic chemical exposure for employees and guests (with a long list of health risks.)
Chemical-laden cleaning products can cause countless short-term or immediate health problems, including (but not limited to): headaches, dizziness, skin, respiratory and eye irritation, and asthma attacks. Some cleaners also contain known or suspected carcinogens, neurotoxins, reproductive system toxins, and hormone disruptors.
These chemicals have staying power – polluting your air, surfaces, and the surrounding areas. They remain on counters in F&B; in the carpet or floors where your guests play; and on the high-touch areas, like doorknobs and arcade games (where they are ultimately transferred to your phone, your face, or anything you touch.) They even find their way into the environment when flushed down drains and toilets and impact water quality through excess buildup.
In essence, they’re not the best option for the health of everyone in your community. With a surplus of products on the market, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with options and hard-to-pronounce chemicals.
Not only do these chemicals pose a significant risk to your health, they’re corrosive and damage surface areas – like the expensive hardware and games in your FEC. Putting these chemicals on your games can cause discoloration, destroy plastic resin, and any leakage into mechanical/electrical hardware via buttons or handles will destroy the game AND make them highly flammable. This can cause your business to go up in flames – literally.
If you don’t know what’s in your cleaning products, how do you make an educated decision about whether they are safe to use? Here’s what you should be looking for in a green, eco-friendly brand:
Clean Product Criteria:
- Clear Ingredients Listing (proprietary blends need to be listed)
- Contain plant-based ingredients (not petroleum-based)
- Are biodegradable (USDA Certified-Bio based Product)
- Do not contain artificial colors or fragrances
- An A or B rating in the EWG’s cleaning product database (a C rating might mean a fragrance has been added)
- Bonus: ultraconcentrated or refillable
- Effective. Do they work.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products work as well or better than conventional cleaning products.
Criteria for Non-Toxic Cleaning Sprays:
- Things to look for in an all-purpose cleaning spray:
- Transparency – all ingredients listed on packaging
- Plant derived – ingredients from plants instead of petroleum
- Free from – parabens, phthalates, triclosan, 1,4 dioxane, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, SLS (sodium lauryl sulfates), or SLES, phosphates, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, harsh solvents, VOCs
- Biodegradable – all ingredients will biodegrade
- Cruelty free – no animal testing
- Light natural scent or unscented
Eco-friendly cleaning products work as well, or even better, than conventional cleaning products. Don’t risk your guests’ and employees’ safety by using
Embed Hygiene Defence products are stronger than harsh industrial cleaners without the toxicity, killing 99.9% of wide spectrum pathogens, including COVID-19 on contact, airborne bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores and more... it purifies the air! And, it has longer lasting power (4 - 24 hours) than highly flammable ethanol-based cleaners that have a high flash rate lasting only 3 - 5 minutes.
Embed Hygiene Defence products provide the best protection to the industry's employees and guests, enabling business owners to practice strict hygiene cleaning with a conscience.
Experience the Embed Hygiene Defence difference here.